Friday, November 16, 2012

Tidbits

It seems that with each day I age, the days get one hour shorter!!! Time is flying! We have continued to have a full and busy agenda in Seattle. Time with family and friends has been our highlight and we feel blessed to have wonderful people in our lives! Here is what we have been up to...

My mother-in-law is the queen of hosting the most incredible parties. I am constantly in awe and so inspired by her yummy food, decor vision, and selfless work! Last week she threw a party with Devin's high school friends. It was so beautiful and it was a perfect evening of munching, chatting, and drinking. How fun to catch up with so many old friends at once. Thank you MamaP, you are really the best, I want to be just like you when I grow up! ;0) Unfortunately, I completely forgot to take any pictures during the party, but here is sample of the decor and a few of the treats...
After an evening of partying the night before, my mother and sister-in-law and I headed out for morning mani/pedis. I decided to be daring and do my ring finger a different shade...so scandalous! I like it though.
Saturday night, thanks to some family friends, Devin and I bore the cold and went to our first University of Washington Husky football game of the season. It was brutally cold, but we were well bundled and had a wonderful time. We were very confused when the first bus pulled out as it was barely full....that is when we realized we are New Yorkers at heart now. The SEATS on the bus were full and in Seattle that means a full bus! Haha...we missed our crammed in, standing shoved against someone else, public transportation in NY! I have to say I could get used to an entire seat to myself though!!!
Sunday...well everyone knows what to do on Sunday!!! It was church, brunch and football...Perfect day! This picture is one of my very favorite. My in laws have always been so special to me and I feel beyond blessed to have such a wonderful family. I went from having one brother to a total of four brothers and four sisters, all whom I love dearly! The family room is where we all hang-out eating, laughing, chatting, crying, wrestling, napping, playing, and reminiscing. This photo captures all of the chaos and fun. Just lazy time with the most precious people! And yes, this is exactly what we all looked like all day long!!!
Today is Devin's first residency interview!!! Last night we had the dinner that proceeds each interview and then today he headed off looking as dapper as ever. He has such a way with people and his humble, confidence is charming; I am sure he is rockin' it! The interviews are making the light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel for med school seem brighter and brighter. He has interviews this entire month so keep us in your thoughts and prayers, the results determine the next three years of our lives!
Thanks for tuning in! I am off to sew again as I spent yesterday baking, I will share the recipe tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment below. Choose Name/URL to enter your name if you do not have a login.