Saturday, November 17, 2012

PB-and-O

My mother left the house with an immaculate kitchen...this is what she came home to...
 Haha...oops! The past few days had been rough and baking is always the best medicine for my down moods. So, I made pumpkin whoopie pies, muffins, and grilled chicken yakisoba! Growing up, PBandJ sandwiches were my favorite food, but pumpkin-blueberry and oatmeal (PBandO) muffins may be my new favorite food!
 A co-worker of my mother's made this yummy recipe up...and it is truly heavenly. Here is how you can make your own!

Mix the following ingredients together:
  • 1cup flour
  • 1cup quick oats
  • 1/2cup oat bran
  • 1tsp baking powder
  • 1tsp baking soda
Mix the following ingredients in another bowl:
  • 1/2cup brown sugar
  • 2Tbsp canola oil
  • 1cup applesauce
  • 1cup pumpkin
  • 1 egg
Directions: Mix wet and dry ingredients together. Add 1 cup frozen blueberries and 1/2cup chopped walnuts (optional, I did not add them). Scoop into greased muffin tins or muffin paper cups. Bake at 350 degrees for about 23 minutes. Check with a toothpick to see if they are done. Cool for 15 minutes and take out of muffin tin.

These are so perfect on these chilly fall mornings! Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love this posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pumpkin blueberry muffins are my favorite fall/winter comfort food. I have a great recipe I once shared with your mom (and baked some for her and me to eat). A couple of years later, she shared a great pumpkin blueberry recipe with me that she had. It was the one I had sent to her. How I laughed. Love your posts. Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment below. Choose Name/URL to enter your name if you do not have a login.