Wednesday, November 28, 2012

For the Love

Textile...the mere words sends chills of joy down my spine!!! I really never had a chance at not being madly in love with textile. As a toddler my mother worked part-time at a fabric store and growing up her exuberance for the texture, color, pattern, and sensation of fabric are among my earliest memories. Now, my passion has given birth to my business. While shopping at Ikea with my mother-in-law I came across this treasure of a book, Love for Texiles and as a special treat, she purchased it for me. I have spent the past two weeks pouring over it and falling even more hopelessly in love with textiles and photography.
 The photography is beautiful; sun bathed, wistful, and romantic. Here is an example...
 There are simple DIYs that involve little or no sewing and would be a perfect addition to update a room or home! They are truly delightful. Quotes are mixed in and the entire effect of photography, fabrics, design, projects, and ideas are so inspiring! For $7.95, this might just be a perfect Christmas gift for someone special. Here is my favorite picture and quote in the book. I love the moment it captures and quote sums up my life...
"A real dream life should be full of love and laughter, tenderness and sunshine, homemade food and plenty of textiles. Patterns that shout or whisper, colors that grab or just touch. Soft fabrics that bring out the best in us."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment below. Choose Name/URL to enter your name if you do not have a login.