Monday, February 20, 2012

Twilight Tea Time

Recently our hospital completed our new building and we moved into the most beautiful, state-of-the-art facility! Transition is always bitter-sweet as we combined three smaller floors into two large floors. My unit is the one that had to split up and although it was an easy choice for me as the babies have always had my heart, leaving my coworkers was difficult. =) Making new friends is scary, whether you are in elementary school or a grown adult. To my delight I have been received with open arms and I truly love the girls I work with. Here is a little shout out to all the wonderful nurses on the first floor, thank you for everything!!!
Cathleen and I hit it off pretty quickly and discovered we both shared some key passions....tea, baking, and shopping!!! It was a friendship made in heaven! Each night we bring baked treats and have tea time at 2a.m. followed by chatting and online shopping. It is something that I so look forward to and makes work exciting! The tradition quickly caught on and it is now a group of us that take turns bringing in treats! We have some of the best cookies, peanut-butter brownies (thank you Lisa!!!!), cakes, scones, etc.
Here is Cathleen and I over tea awhile back...
It was my turn for baking and Red Velvet cupcakes with cream-cheese frosting looked like a wonderful idea!
Cathleen is Irish (if the beautiful light eyes, freckles and red hair did not give it away!) and introduced me to Irish Breakfast Tea...so yummy, I am officially addicted!
We got a little carried away with mini cupcakes, caffeine highs, and a serious lack of sleep!!! Here are some of the crazy girls I work with!
I have some new recipes I want to try so I will be posting more about our Twilight Tea Time treats and sharing the recipes...that turn out! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment below. Choose Name/URL to enter your name if you do not have a login.