Friday, February 10, 2012

Scary, Yummy Juice!

So, I have a new respect for bloggers who do DIY projects, especially ones who do them with regularity. Granted I am new at this and I am a perfectionist, but I have been trying to complete a few DIYs and have hit problem after problem! Haha. This is much harder than I anticipated. In case any of you have the great idea of engraving Spanish glass, let me give you this word of caution...it is IMPOSSIBLE! =0) I love a good challenge and we will be having some beautiful DIY blog posts sooner or later...well probably later rather than soon! ;0)

Anyways, on to today's topic...JUICE! Devin came home the other day determined to add more fruits and veggies into his diet. I bought a primo juicer back in college and have never used it. We decided to pull it out and try some various combinations.
It worked like a dream and produced some of the yummiest juices I have ever had! If you closed your eyes you could almost believe you were sitting in the Caribbean! I have been getting bolder and bolder with my juicing components and have found you can add some very interesting veggies without them being detected (this has been wonderful practice for children some day!). The other day I was caught, however. I added some spinach juice to a beautiful orange juice mixture and it turned it...well for lack of a better term, cat-diarrhea brown! When Devin arrived home, he was less than impressed.
After some coaxing I was able to convince him to try it!
He was as pleasantly surprised as I was to find it tasted just as good as the other combinations!
He sucked it all down and just like that two servings of fruits and veggies down for the day! Here is what I put in this one! Leave out the spinach if you need a more aesthetically pleasing beverage.
  • 1/2 a pineapple
  • 6 carrots
  • 2 oranges
  • 1 apple
  • 1 banana
  • 2.5 cups strawberries, halved
  • .75 of an English cucumber
  • 2 mangoes
  • 4 cups of spinach
I forgot to measure exactly how much this makes, but we each had two cups and then there was a very large pitcher left over! Remember that .75 of a cup is equal to one serving of fruits/veggies! Happy Juicing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment below. Choose Name/URL to enter your name if you do not have a login.