Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Perspective Change


My friend Victoria and I recently grabbed a coffee and headed to the top of the Empire State Building for a change of perspective. As we watched the sea of yellow taxis making their way down 34th and all the people rushing about like little ants below it hit me how insignificant we all are! Haha! Now how about that for a refreshing blog thought! My mother was not sure how to react when I shared my day's epiphany with her. For me however, it was quite freeing actually. We put so much pressure and expectation on ourselves on a daily basis: work harder, faster, more efficiently. Even when we determine we need to work less it usually is to fulfill another obligation: family, kids, spouse, friends, personal health to prevent burn-out, thus adding to the pressure. There are very few of us that truly live our life to the fullness of what is meant to be, not just busy calendars but full lives. I have always been a girl with big dreams...lots of them. But many times in life I have lost sight of what is most important to me and only focused on the what I need to accomplish to move me one step closer to the next big dream. With a deep inhale (of very cold air) I have my priorities set again and I am off to live a full life...not a busy one! I hope to vicariously transport that breath to you today, if you are feeling overwhelmed, overworked, frantic, frazzled, hurried, or haggard let me encourage you by saying...you really are not that significant, so give yourself some slack and live a little! Happy day to you all!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment below. Choose Name/URL to enter your name if you do not have a login.