Sunday, January 1, 2012

Another Stab at Resolutions

Ah, New Years! This time of year and I have always had a love/hate relationship...can you relate? I love a "fresh start", a new opportunity to be better, more productive, and healthier; you name it I like a chance to learn from the past and apply the tactics learned to a new situation. Thus a new year gives me great joy.However, resolutions and goals are easy to make and much harder to maintain. Last year I wanted to send out each family member's birthday card on time...PFFFHHH...that was a joke, my brother just received his mid-November birthday card at Christmas and my sweet sister-in-law is still waiting for her October card! Sigh...failed! Not every resolution has had such a fate, though; I set out a pair of my favorite jeans that had somehow gotten WAY too small for me last January with the goal of fitting into them again by the end of the year. I wore them again comfortably on Christmas Eve...success!

Whether failure or success I like to have goals. They give me something to strive for, a force propelling me to become better! My favorite blog, that never ceases to inspire me, is by Elsie. She has no clue I exist but she has become part of my daily life! (Quick bunny-trail: Her "Twelve Dates of Christmas" blog is something I plan on incorporating into my Christmas traditions for forever and is such a cute idea to keep the holidays and your relationship exciting). I was inspired when I saw her goal of making 52 projects this year. I realized that 52 was a bit ambitious for me and since I would be satisfied being HALF the blogger and business woman she is, I shall set my goal at 26 over the next 12 months! You will be able to find them all by clicking the D.I.Y. button to the left. Large or small keep an eye out for little projects and "how-to" blogs throughout 2012!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment below. Choose Name/URL to enter your name if you do not have a login.