Sunday, November 27, 2011

Officially Christmas

Today is one of my favorite days of the year…the day we get our Christmas tree!!! I love Christmas time more than anything and get so excited when the season officially begins. In NY it is more difficult to go out and find/cut your own tree so we have made a new tradition of going to the local Fire House to get our tree. We enjoy supporting our local heroes and it is always a great time!

As a surprising treat I was allowed back to check out the engine and play dress up with the gear. The last time I was this close a fire truck was in first grade and I have to admit I think I had more fun this time around. Everyone was a great sport as I struggled to get the jacket on! The entire building would have burnt down before I had any gear on, so I think I will leave fire fighting and life saving to the pros. Thank you North White Plains Fire Company #1 and Engine #47 for all the work you do and for allowing me to relive my childhood. You are truly heroes!

Tomorrow...home decorating! I have before and after pictures to reveal our home’s Christmas transformation tomorrow. Stay tuned!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment below. Choose Name/URL to enter your name if you do not have a login.