Monday, October 8, 2012

Vermont

IT IS AUTUMN!!!
So for some reason this year I have been quite resistant to the close of summer and beginning of fall. I am a warm-weather-girl through and through and so being I am always somber as I have to kiss my 85 degree days goodbye for the year. But this time around I have really put up a good fight! This past weekend Devin and I headed up to Vermont for a few days and all of the beautiful trees and fresh air, finally helped me cave and start to enjoy fall. After 267 pictures it was difficult to narrow them down. There a lot in this post, but assure you I really did cut out so many....

This is was part of amazing hotel room! We had a perfect view of the changing leaves on Mount Mansfield from the window and a cozy fireplace to stay warm in the mountains.
We did some sightseeing around Lake Champlain and shopping on Church Street in Burlington. Such an artsy area, we both could see ourselves living in a town like that someday!!!

American Flatbread is an organic, brick-oven, pizza restaurant in Burlington. I had read about how amazing it was and so we thought we would see for ourselves. I would HIGHLY recommend it. Although we laughed at that we had come from NY to get pizza in Vermont I have to say that it was the best pizza I have had...sorry NY!
We discovered that mustaches are very "in" right now...who would have guessed. We saw books, poster, T-shirts, toys, and even a cars with mustaches.
From the beginning of "Devin and Alejandra", Ben & Jerry's has been the pinnacle of our relationship. One Christmas my sister-in-law gave us a grocery store gift card. I was not sure what to think until reading the card and finding out she had bought us months and months worth of Ben & Jerry's for our home-dates!!! It was so much fun to visit the factory, it felt like coming home!
Stowe, VT was home-base and we are so happy we it was. The picturesque churches, barns, bridges, and horizons were breath-taking and serene.
On our last day we took the Auto Toll Road up to the top of Mount Mansfield and enjoyed seeing for hundreds of miles in every direction. You can see all over Vermont, Canada, New York, and Massachusetts. The changing leaves were worth every mile of the drive!
On our way home Devin saw this brook in the rear view mirror and flipped a U-turn so we could capture it. I think it sums up Vermont quite well, full of life yet peaceful and serene!
 Happy week to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment below. Choose Name/URL to enter your name if you do not have a login.