Tuesday, September 4, 2012

"Bean"-There-Done-That: Pleasantville

My love of coffee and tea is no secret and so I have decided to turn this love affair into a blog feature. The plan: start in the center of a town, wander around until I find a “hole-in-the-wall” coffee shop or tea house and bakery, and then settle in for a bit. I am studying for some exams and figured this would provide the opportunity to study – away from laundry, dishes, and distractions – AND get the low-down on the ambiance, staff, and patronage of my newfound locale.
What better place to begin than the village of Pleasantville?! To my delight, Pleasantville was all that the name boasted…quite pleasant indeed! Keane’s Bakery provided me with a scrumptious raspberry turnover, and just a few doors down, “The Black Cow” lured me in. Quirky, eclectic, and friendly, the vibe was a mixture of quaint and funky. Jazz serenaded the young crowd that came and went and the staff was personable and knew most everyone that entered. As a stranger I was still greeted with a personal touch and the $3.00 large latte I ordered was one of the best I have encountered in some time. I did some writing and some studying and left refreshed and satisfied – a total first-try success!
My favorite element…each chair in the café was different!!! This is something I have always dreamed about doing in my own little café someday and to see it here, I felt like I was at home! Check out the pictures from the coffee shop…
 
I am so excited to get this feature started, look for some more small town discoveries soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment below. Choose Name/URL to enter your name if you do not have a login.