Sunday, July 22, 2012

DIY 5 of 26: Placemat Bath-mat

After much searching I could not find a bathroom mat that I completely fell in love with for my new powder room, so I made one using circle place mats. And you can too, super cheap, super easy, super fast! Here is how...
Supplies:
  • Four Round Place Mats
  • Scissors
  • Pins
  • Non-slip Rug Pad
  • Thread/yard and a Needle/sewing machine (I used thread and a sewing machine, but you could create a more organic or boho look by using yarn! Super cute!)
#1: Line up the place mats so that each of them is on top on one side and underneath on the other side, forming a pinwheel look. Pin them down.
#2: Stitch them together. The black line indicates where to sew.
#3: Cut a piece of the non-slip rug padding so that it completely fits under the mat without showing from the top. Slide the pad under the mat and voilĂ , you are all set. Here are some pictures of how mine turned out!

Have fun and enjoy making your own colorful, unique bathroom mats. I found some gorgeous place mats at a discount store, made in India with beautiful designs and stitching in gold tread. They did not fit my plan for my powder room but they were so pretty. I am sure you can find some really interesting ones out there for a steal! The whole project cost less than $8, gotta love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment below. Choose Name/URL to enter your name if you do not have a login.